Looking for more house tips? Search through Houseblogs.net!

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

newsflash!

According to my doctor, I am extraordinarily sensitive to poison oak and ivy.


Also, it is very hard to take a picture of your own arm.

In case you're curious -- I haven't even set foot in the yard in about two and a half weeks. That picture was taken three seconds ago.

The doctor has prescribed heavy-duty oral steroids. Expect mood swings and unpleasantness all round for the next fifteen days.

5 comments:

anger hangover said...

Umm...wow. That doesn't look like a whole lot of fun.

Jamaila said...

My Right Arm (tm): Not for the faint of heart.

John said...

I'm so sorry. I am one of those people too.

Take heart, it could be much worse. My wife burned some poison oak the last time we were in California; I was covered from head to foot. It was everywhere (very literally), and it took two months for everything to return to normal (one shot and three doses of oral steroids later).

Oddly enough, cashews and mangos are distantly related to poison oak. If you're super sensitive, handling or eating either of these can cause a poison oak like rash (though it will usually go away in a few days).

Get well soon.

Summer said...

Please don't sit next to me on the train like that! Ugh, you poor thing! I'm sensitive too but our back yard is concrete!!!

Jamaila said...

Haha, Summer, I was going to say that you could identify me on the train by looking at people's arms!