Looking for more house tips? Search through Houseblogs.net!

Monday, June 11, 2007

what's the deal with that?

I don't understand why contractors, when asked to give you a quote, will give you their price and then give you another, cheaper price but only if you sign RIGHT NOW. If you can afford to give me a price that's fifteen thousand dollars cheaper if I sign right away, doesn't that mean that if I wait and get quotes from other companies like a sensible consumer or even just take a day or two to think about it, you're going to overcharge me by fifteen thousand dollars? How is that supposed to make me want to work with your company?

The whole reason contractors come out to give quotes is to give a quote, right? So how is this unreasonable pricing helping them? Just by bullying people who aren't committed to doing their research? Is that really the best way to make money in the contracting industry? How depressing.

Needless to say, we didn't buy windows on Friday night. I wonder if there's any way we can just sort of let these people know at the beginning of the interview that we'd love to hear their sales pitch and learn about their product but they don't need to bother with the dishonest pricing since we're just asking them to give us a quote and there's no way we're signing something right away. Argh!

No comments: