Looking for more house tips? Search through Houseblogs.net!

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

argh!

It's times like this when I really get mad about not having a decent camera. I just got home from work, and when I pulled up into the driveway I discovered that there were dozens of birds of every different sort -- including the pair of doves that nests above our garage -- playing in the water in the pool hole. They're not nervous about people -- one robin who we've taken to calling 'Fatty' and his various equally portly descendants are downright cavalier about the whole cars-pulling-up-doors-slamming-curious-humans thing.

Once we finish the demolition in the yard and fill the hole, I plan on putting some serious birdbaths in to replace it. I love having birds in the yard.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you put in bird baths, be sure and keep them clean with clean water in them. Dirty bird baths and/or dirty water can kill the birds.

--birdfreak

Jamaila said...

Yes ma'am! :) I was thinking I could probably get some sort of recirculating system with a filter or something. I'll certainly do my research when the time comes. :)