Looking for more house tips? Search through Houseblogs.net!

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

day of doom

I had a bad day yesterday. Really most of the day was fine, it didn't get bad until I stepped off of the train, and then I had about a week of badness crammed into less than three hours. It sucked. Various bad things happened, and then I finally got home where (I thought) I would be safe. Not so. Don had asked me to take those four bags of garbage down to the curb for the trashmen (who were ever-so-helpfully blocking my way out of the neighborhood this morning, incidentally), and also take the pile of mysterious rakes, shovels, brooms, and other long skinny things which was next to the bags to the curb as well (turns out our trash guys take ANYTHING-- for this I forgive them the street blockage). He forgot to tell me that the bags were really, really heavy-- I had no idea, as I'd been asleep when he filled them. He also forgot to tell me that one of the long skinny things was actually a large hunk of metal pipe-- very heavy, and very cold. By the time I got done with that, my hands were close to frozen-- I hadn't brought gloves out since I thought everything was going to be plastic or wood. Having an extra-long driveway is great every day of the week except for Monday nights. Dragging all that stuff down to the curb was not fun.

Then I went inside, and while I was unloading the groceries, I stepped on the cat, screamed at her, and burst into tears.

Don came home to find me weeping into a bowl of cereal. It wasn't a good day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you forgot the toilet...

yes the toilet backed up...

Anonymous said...

being a home owner is so exciting. never a dull moment...

i hope today is going better! it's almost spring!!!

i am boycotting capital letters today...

stephanie :)