Looking for more house tips? Search through Houseblogs.net!

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

bathroom update

He hates it. But refuses to give any reason for his hatred, which makes it awfully hard to argue against his reasoning. We haven't had a great deal of time to talk about it (there wasn't much I could say to "I just don't like it"). I like the solution because I've never been really crazy about our proposed shower being built out into the landing -- I feel like it's going to feel like a dark, scary cave, whereas this gives us a shower with lots of natural light and also preserves the large upstairs landing I liked so much when we moved in. But it looks like I'll just be stuck with the cave -- Don is completely unwilling to consider this option, and is as far as I know totally committed to the current plan. Yet another reason to finish this house and move on to a new one! One without a scary shower-cave.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still say the economic arguement is best. One wet wall, less plumbing.

And you could get an estimate on having someone finish the house. As time goes on, I'm leaving more and more of the big remodel to someone else. I might not even do my traditional tasks of staining all the trim and doing the tiling.